Have you ever observed that the pieces of ice which are served in a food joint are clear as crystal? But if you freeze the same ice in your ice maker you receive a while and cloudy ice as an output. It must have crossed your minds that why are ice cubes cloudy? Here we have provided you with the best ways through which you can get crystal clear ice cubes from your ice maker.
The ice which we receive from our ice maker is a mixture of gases. This gas let the water to form tiny bubbles at the time of freezing. This is what makes the ice look cloudy white in appearance. Also, the impure ice melts faster than the clear ice cubes. But is white ice bad for you? Yes! They contain impurities and gases which might be harmful in some cases.
If you are looking for a guide on how to get clear ice cubes from ice maker then you are at the right place.
We are a group of ice nerds and have found several ways to get clear pieces of ice. Each of these pieces will no longer look cloudy or will have impurity. So if you want to get clear ice from your ice maker do carry on with reading the article.
How Can You Get Clear Ice from the Ice Maker?
In this article, we will explain to you four different methods through which you can get clear ice crystals. Each way is different from another but have the same motive. So if you are looking for cloudy ice cubes solution then follow the simple methods:
1. With the Help of Boiled Water
In this method you need to carry out the below procedure:
- Take Filtered Water: It will be beneficial if you use already filtered water. The water can be obtained from the artificial filters directly. You can also use water obtained from reverse osmosis. There are water filters for clear ice cubes present in the market.
- Boil the Water: Boil the water twice. This removes the additional impurities from it. After the first round of boiling cool it the water down and then coil again.
- Pour the Water: Pour the boiled water in the ice maker reservoir. Make sure that it is cool or else the reservoir might get distorted.
- Turn on the Icemaker: After filling the water you need to turn on the icemaker and enjoy delicious and clear chunks of ice.
2. Top-Down Method of Freezing
In this method, you need to use a small ice freezer. This method is only possible in under counter ice maker or other icemakers which are larger in size.
- Get a Freezer: You can get a cooler which can easily accommodate inside the bin of the ice maker.
- Place the Tray inside the Cooler: Now place the ice tray at the bottom of the cooler. Do not close the hood of the cooler.
- Fill the Tray: Fill the ice tray with filtered water. You have to fill the surrounding as well. It will keep the cooler intact in one position.
- Turn On the Icemaker: Remove the lid of the cooler. Now turn on the icemaker. The temperature of the cooler should be between -3 to -8 degree Celsius.
- Leave it For 24 Hours: Enjoy the crystal clear ice after 24 hours of placing it inside the freezer.
3. Method of Freezing at High-Temperature
This method is processed by adjusting the temperature of the ice maker. In this process you need to carry out the following steps:
- Set the Temperature: The temperature should be marked below the freezing point. The temperature of the freezer should be set at around -1℃ or 30℉. This is the warmest temperature of the icemaker.
- Fill the Ice Maker: Fill the ice maker with distilled water. Leave the water for more than 24 hours. The slow freezing would let all the impure gases to evaporate and give you clear ice chunks.
4. Saltwater Method of Freezing
This is the fastest method of getting pure and clear ice. You can get ice cubes no cracks from the second turn. In this method you need to undergo the below steps:
- Add Salt to a Bowl of Water: In the first step, you need to fill up the bowl with water. Now dump an amount of salt in the water. This will prevent it from freezing. Place the bowl in the freezer.
- Leave it for 3 Hours: The salt water is to be left in the freezer for three hours so that it turns cold.
- Last Step: You need to fill a bowl of ice water and place it over the salt water. After the ice water gets colder put it back to the freezer and let it freeze.
It is important that you serve your guests with the best possible things. This will help in creating a good reputation of you in the social market as well as you can attain self-satisfaction. This article will help you in getting crystal clear ice. We have therefore explained to you four different procedures. Out of which you can choose the one that is convenient for you.